TopSheet – a combined turning device and incontinence protection
TopSheet is used for incontinent, bedridden patients who must be turned often. TopSheet is also an excellent aid when you need to hold a heavy patient in a lateral position, for instance when assisting with personal hygiene or dressing wounds. TopSheet is also very suitable when a nervous, demented patient in palliative care needs turning, as the process is calm and gentle and the load is spread over the entire body area.
TopSheet is made of a super-absorbent material. The surface always feels dry to lie on, which helps prevent pressure sores. The underside has a PU-coated moisture-resistant membrane that prevents moisture from spreading further down to the sheets and mattress.
TopSheet is available in different versions, with or without friction-reducing material (ULF) on the reverse, and in several sizes. Depending on the risk assessment, the different versions are to be placed on top of different types of materials.
- TopSheet is used together with a stationary or mobile lift to avoid heavy manual handling when turning a patient.
- TopSheet satisfies high hygiene requirements and is washable at 90°C/190°F.
- The surface is soft and yielding brushed polyester for maximum patient comfort.
- Super-absorbent surface material absorbs body fluids.
- A moisture barrier on the reverse side prevents moisture from being transferred to the sheet and mattress.
- TopSheet consists of two parts. The lower part is easy to change.
- Strong straps and clips for attachment around the sling bar or in the bed rail.