Reduce Hospital Acquired Infections
Standardize on one effective and Efficient C. Diff Disinfectant for Hospital Wide Use
Noroxycdiff is used in hospitals to kill pathogens: C. diff, MRSA.
Noroxycdiff is a broad-spectrum disinfectant that is EPA approved to kill Clostridium difficile spores in two minutes. It also kills a wide range of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and molds. Unlike bleach, it is non-corrosive and does not need to be washed away after application to surfaces, and personnel using it do not need to wear protective equipment. It costs about the same as other disinfectants, but it may be cheaper to use than most other alternatives because its ease of application reduces personnel and safety equipment costs.
The problem of C. difficile
Hospital-acquired C. difficile infections cost hospitals more than $5 billion in excess costs each year. Preventing the spread of C. difficile is quite difficult. The primary symptom is severe diarrhea, and any surface that is exposed to even a minute amount of stool can become contaminated with spores. The spores can survive for up to 5 months on any surface and some scientists report spores living up to a year. Anyone touching a contaminated surface can then transmit the spores to other people and other surfaces through simple physical contact.
The spores are unaffected by alcohol and are thus unresponsive to standard hand sanitizers. They are also remarkably resistant to washing with soap and water. They do succumb to bleach, but it is corrosive and has to be washed away after use, and personnel have to wear protective equipment while using bleach for disinfection. Bleach is not safe for people and is not ideal for patient care environments.
Noroxycdiff overcomes all of these problems. It can kill C. diff spores after only 2 minutes of exposure when applied at a concentration of 4 ounces per gallon of water. It is non-corrosive and non-toxic to humans. No rinsing or wiping! It does not need to be washed away or wiped up after application. It is mildly irritating to the eyes if they come into direct contact with it, but otherwise it is non-toxic and personnel do not need to use protective equipment other than hospital standard gloves and eye protection when applying it.
When diluted Noroxycdiff contains only 0.81% Hydrogen Peroxide and 0.15% Peroxyacetic Acid. Prior to dilution it contains 27.3% hydrogen peroxide and 5.9% peroxyacetic acid, along with some other inactive ingredients. It doesn’t contain bleach, ammonia, or phosphates. After application, it fairly rapidly breaks down into acetic acid, water, and oxygen, and evaporates and thus no residue or harmful chemicals are left behind with no wipe down required.
Other infectious agents it is effective against:
- It is effective against bacteria and viruses in the presence of 5% blood serum
- It is effective against bacteria and viruses in the presence of organic soil
- E. coli
- Klebsiella pneumonia
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Multi-drug resistant bacteria
- Other bacteria
- Other viruses
Where it can be used
This disinfection agent can be used anywhere, even on food-preparation surfaces. It can be used in operating rooms, patient rooms, bathrooms, the ICU, hallways, and waiting rooms. It can be applied to glass, mirrors, bathroom fixtures, stainless steel, hospital bed rails, computer screens, touch screens, keyboards, door handles, light switches, sinks, telephones, etc.
Not recommended for use
This agent shouldn’t be applied to marble, granite, copper, brass, zinc, uncoated marble floors, or uncoated terrazzo floors.
How it is applied
It comes in 4 ounce containers that are intended to be poured into a gallon of water; after mixing with the water it is ready to use. Standard hospital gloves should be worn while handling the product. It can be applied with a mop, sponge, or a clean cloth. It can also be sprayed on surfaces using our complete line of electrostatic sprayers for fast and efficient total room coverage, eye protection should be worn when using the spray device because it can cause temporary mild eye irritation. If any of the disinfectant gets accidentally splashed into the eyes, they should be thoroughly irrigated immediately.